1) mean
2) median
3) mode

for any 10 random numbers

thanx for any help anyone is abel to provide

Antoniohawk
05-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Put the numbers into an array.
Mean: add all of the numbers together and divide by 10.
Median: array[4] + array[5] / 2

I'm not sure of a way to calculate the mode though this might help you out:
[http://forums.devshed.com/t46666/s.html]

Mhtml
05-03-2004, 11:19 AM
Well thinking back to my primary mathematics days mode is the most frequently occurring score ( at least I hope it is ) ...

Now there are a few ways you could go around it. Depending on how many scores you have, the easiest way might be to copy the array of scores into a 2d array and use the second dimension to tally the number of scores of each and then select the one with the greatest scrore.

However the way I would do it would be to sort the scores first (asc or desc whichever your prefer) using whatever method you prefer.. I doubt you have more than say 20 scores so which sort you pick will work fine.

After that counting is easy.

I'm suprised antonio didn't cite you on this but --
Your title could do with a few less exclaimation marks...it's hardly going to make us want to answer your post faster if even at all.. :)
[edit]Removed the exclamation marks from it.
/// liorean

raf
05-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Not all distributions are uni-mode. If these random numbers are completely randon without dumplicates, then each number will occer once and there is no mode.
If you have 2 number each apearing twice or so, then you'll have a bi-modal distribution (2 modes).
So there's no straightforward answer to your question since we don't know anything about the inputvalues.

raf
05-03-2004, 12:55 PM
So thay first need to be split up in groups of 10 elements? (according to your original question) So then you get

9,5,6,23,25,22,12,12,2,2 as the first group, which means you'll have 2 modi : 2 and 12

so your steps are :
- sort element
- count each values occurence
- sort frequecys descending
- report value with heighest frequence.
- check if the next value has the same frequency and if so, also report it.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum