View Full Version : CuteNews PHP Script Error

bacterozoid
05-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Failed opening required '/inc/functions.inc.php' (include_path='.:') in /show_news.php on line 9

That's the error I get. I have downloaded CuteNews and installed it on my server, set it up, added news, but I can't get the show_news to work.

<?PHP
include("cutenews/show_news.php");
?>

That's one of my attempts...it's outside of the cutenews dir. and that file does exist...so does /inc/functions.inc.php.

I'm not sure what's going on here...this script is like perfect for what I need and I'd love for it to work.

Edit: Here's a demo that came with it: http://www.jzie.com/cutenews/example1.php?go=news

firepages
05-02-2004, 04:06 AM
does CuteNews have a configuration file of any sort ? if so there are probably some paths that need adding to that, I have never used it so am unfamiliar with such, if it has perhaps post it (removing user&passwords etc)

bacterozoid
05-02-2004, 04:20 AM
Yeah.

Actually their website was up and running for a bit earlier today, and I managed to get help there...there was something weird in the script that my server didn't like...so basically I was told to scratch three lines of code and replace it with a different path.

Working so far...

Thanks anyways, heh.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum