View Full Version : full screen

romram
05-01-2004, 12:04 AM
I want my index page which is the first page to be displayed in full screen , also I want all other pages to be displayed in full screen, I used the following script, but it didn't work??:

function fullScreen()
{
window.moveTo(0,0)
window.resizeTo(screen.width,screen.height)
}

<body onload="fullScreen()">

sad69
05-01-2004, 12:15 AM
How isn't it working? Works on my computer.. (like it expands the window no matter the size).

Only thing is that it extends the window behind the start bar (I'm using IE on Windows), so that's not too cool, because I can't see the status bar..

Sadiq.

JAVAEOC
05-01-2004, 01:21 AM
I think you mean this:

window.open ("http://yahoo.com", "","fullscreen=yes")

but I only think :D

have fun :D

romram
05-01-2004, 11:49 AM
I used the following code in the page index.html

window.open ("index.html", "","fullscreen=yes");

but I get an infinte loop.

so, then I tried another thing I created a new page start.htm and used the code above to redirect me to index.html but the problem that I used a peace of code that must close the window but what happen is that when closing the window the page start.htm sill remaning?? :confused:

Harry
05-03-2004, 04:14 AM
You may want to try this. It works in IE6 that I know of

<html>
<head><title>Index</title>

<script language="javascript">
function openSite(){
var wide=screen.width;
var high=screen.height;
var where_to='ps_page_one_1024.php';
var mainwin = window.open(where_to,"mainwin", "fullscreen");
window.opener='England_swings';
window.close();
}
</script>

</head>

<body onload="openSite()">

</body>
</html>

JavaScriptdude
05-03-2004, 04:37 AM
You might need to have the index page pop up of a ontro page then have the intro page close, but the using might get a box asking if they want to close the ino page.

Harry
05-03-2004, 05:05 AM
I have used this one a lot of times and the IE close dialogue box does not appear in this example. the window just quietly coses with no questions asked.

glenngv
05-03-2004, 05:20 AM
I have used this one a lot of times and the IE close dialogue box does not appear in this example. the window just quietly coses with no questions asked.
FYI, that is an exploit of the bug. Majority of the browsers have it. Therefore, it's not always reliable since that will (or might) be fixed in future versions.

romram
05-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Thankyou all...
I solved my problem...

Roy Sinclair
05-03-2004, 06:27 PM
FYI, that is an exploit of the bug. Majority of the browsers have it. Therefore, it's not always reliable since that will (or might) be fixed in future versions.

More specifically, assuming this isn't used on the internet where such tricks will help ensure your pages have very low hit counts because your site disgusts your potential audience. You've got your users all nicely expecting this to happen when they visit your site and then the users upgrade to a new browser and start getting prompts about closing a window that they never used to get and suddenly you've got a rash of complaints because your site's behaviour has changed.

JavaScriptdude
05-04-2004, 02:02 AM
If you do make your index page full screen, make sure that you have several ways for your user to close it. Not everyone knows that alt+f4 closes the browser. :thumbsup:

JAVAEOC
05-05-2004, 01:26 AM
good point dude :D

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum