View Full Version : JS or VBS the question is....for you to answer me..please

Jojosh
04-30-2004, 02:41 AM
Now I know this is JavaScript forum,but I would like to ask this.Is JS better then VBS and if it is why,is it true that Visual Basic Script is easier to learn,is JS more powerful then VBS,and if it is how?

A1ien51
04-30-2004, 03:00 AM
VBS is IE only

Jojosh
04-30-2004, 03:13 AM
And are there any difrence betwean Jscript and JavaScript?

shlagish
04-30-2004, 04:33 AM
Jscript is a shorter way of writting JavaScript (as far as I know)

Philip M
04-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Microsoft introduced their own version of JavaScript called Jscript in IE 3.0. It has only minor differences with the Netscape version of the language. However, Jscript is not a synonym for JavaScript and if Jscript is specified then it will only work in IE. Occasionally this is useful to get rid of some cross-browser incompatibility, which can also be handled with
if (document.all)

jbot
04-30-2004, 10:14 AM
use JScript to write ActiveX controls. however, if you're writing out to any VBA-compatible application, then it's better to use VBS (in my experience anyway).

if your website/webplication doesn't need to use ActiveX objects, then Javascript is best for managing your pages (ie DHTML).

Jojosh
05-01-2004, 02:38 AM
Does anybody can explain me the purpose of WSH(Windows scripting host).Is it possible to write browser independent scripts with WSH,i mean scripts that dont need browser to execute.Im sorry if this is stupid Q but am im after all a beginner ;)

Philip M
05-01-2004, 08:38 AM
Client-side scripts of any kind require the browser to interpret them and cannot stand alone.

swmr
05-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Is it possible to write browser independent scripts with WSH,i mean scripts that dont need browser to execute.

Yes, that is entirely possible: Microsoft Windows Script Interfaces-Introduction (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/scripting.asp)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum