View Full Version : javascript disabled in IE6

Kor
04-28-2004, 10:45 AM
:o eeerrr emebarsing to ask but...I need not till know to disable Javascript in IE 6, But now I want to verify something and...

Does anyone know if IE6 has an enable/disable Javascript option similar with Mozilla?

glenngv
04-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Go to:

Tools / Internet Options / Security tab / select Web content zone (Internet, Local Intranet, ...) / click Custom Level button / Scripting section (at the bottom part) / Active Scripting sub-section / select Disable, Enable or Prompt

jbot
04-28-2004, 11:41 AM
or just set your security to the highest level and it gets disabled by default...less faffing around LOL

glenngv
04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
That's easier but it's also nice to know how to exactly enable/disable it. :)

Kor
04-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Thank you... eventually I have had discovered myself, but only when eliminate ALL :D the other posible options present on toolbar. I imagined myself that there must have been hidden that option.

I was confused by the fact that nowere, not even in Help, appears the word javascript... From my point of view this is silly for this Bill Gate's application... :D

Thanx, anyway

jbot
04-28-2004, 12:01 PM
I was confused by the fact that nowere, not even in Help, appears the word javascript... From my point of view this is silly for this Bill Gate's application

not necessarily, since "active scripting" also pertains to VBScript. remember IE is the only browser which supports this, so it's kinda natural to subsume both script types under the one category.

but i do know wot you mean.
;)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum