View Full Version : PHP mail form, help?

cragllo
04-27-2004, 09:07 PM
How do i make a mail form with php, i use dreamweaver, i know how to make a mail for, but i dont want to have the action as mailto:contact@yoursite.com.

so you dont have to send the message with explorer.

Anyone?

raf
04-27-2004, 09:47 PM
http://www.php.net/function.mail

Plenty of examplecode in the manual and usercomments

cragllo
04-27-2004, 11:06 PM
This did not help me

what im trying to do is make a contact form on my site without the mailto: as the action. Could someone please tell me a code or what should go in the <form> tag to make this work?

Because when i put in mailto: as the action. it send the message through the browser, and i don't want this? anyone know what I need to do? Do i need a file as the action to prossess the message?

Anyone?
Craig.

raf
04-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Step 1 : create a html form with textfields /textareas for the mail-adress, the subject and the messagetext. In the form-tag, you set the action to the formprocessing and mailsending page. not mailto:.
Step 2 : write a litle PHP script to validate the forminput and use the posted values inside the mail() function.

This is all just like any other form you proces. The only differnece is that you now use the posted values inside the mail() function.

If you run a search her, then you'll find lotts of examplecode. Idem if you read the usercomment in the link i poster, if you google for it or if you take a look at www.hotscripts.com

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum