View Full Version : Preload image in sequential order?

grudz
04-26-2004, 10:19 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to preload images in a sequential order? I'm sure there is a javascript code, but i can't seem to find one. And please note that I am a newbie to javascript, so take it easy on me :) (if there is another way to accomplish what i need not using javascript, i will be more than happy)

thank you

liorean
04-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Normally preloading is asynchronous, meaning images begin downloading as soon as requested, while everything else continues to run, and finish downloading independently of anything else (including other images that are downloading). However, there is a way you can chain image preloading together. Each image has a load event, and that event can be used to preload the next image when the last image is finished. However, I doubt that you'd really want to do that in most situations. Why do you need the preloading to be sequencial?

grudz
04-27-2004, 12:01 AM
thanx....

grudz
04-27-2004, 12:06 AM
my bad....is there a way to delete posts?

liorean
04-27-2004, 03:10 AM
No, But you shouldn't have to wait long, the post will soon fall out of the first screen of this forum, and then with our very short memory, it'll be forgotten by this time tomorrow.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum