View Full Version : Showing off our work

velious
04-23-2004, 10:02 PM
If we have a program or script that we created and want to share it with other members, can we post it and where can we, if allowed?

sad69
04-23-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm not a moderator, but I don't see why not.. as long as it's not a huge file or anything.. and don't be showing off your viruses now!

You can post Javascripts, so I don't see why you couldn't post other stuff. But then again, Javascripts are just text.. sometimes I find compiled code to be larger files as you may have included other libraries, etc..

Were you planning on uploading source or compiled programs?

Sadiq.

Unit
04-24-2004, 12:26 AM
It better be source :D

otherwise its almost useless to show off an executable. Its the path that most of us are interested in, not the final goal.

velious
04-24-2004, 05:08 AM
Well actually it was a vbs program so its pretty small, but I was just wondering, if it was allowed on here.

Basically it is a math script that allows a user to calculate surface areas and volumes of different shapes and that kind of thing. anyway, thanks for the responce. :)

Mhtml
04-25-2004, 11:50 AM
I don't see any reason why you couldn't show it off here. It might be a little big to upload on the forums but if you upload it somewhere else and link to it that'd be more than acceptable. :)

Which reminds me, I want to show off something I've been working on soon ;) .. open source.

whackaxe
04-25-2004, 01:40 PM
I don't see any reason why you couldn't show it off here. It might be a little big to upload on the forums but if you upload it somewhere else and link to it that'd be more than acceptable. :)

Which reminds me, I want to show off something I've been working on soon ;) .. open source.

i wouldn't suppose that would be GUI magic? :p

Mhtml
04-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Nope, not going open source for GUI Magic straight up. Going to try make some money off it before I do.

However it's almost ready to start showing off ;) ...

I will be showing off my custom Win32 API controls. :)

whackaxe
04-26-2004, 05:29 PM
is it? i thought you might still have some "concept problems. good job though :) what API controls may we have the pleasure of seeing?
/me is curious ;)

Mhtml
04-26-2004, 06:10 PM
Yeah still have some concept problems ;) ..

It's coming together though --
http://mhtml.ithium.net/gm/gallery/screens/gm/devtabs.jpg

All I need is another week and it'll almost be ready for gui testing. It doesn't look like much in that screen but there is a lot of foundation code, almost 6000 lines.

All sorts of things are in my current control lib, buttons, tabs, splitters, docking windows, floating windows, toolbars, menubars, statusbar, dropdowns, listview, treeviews, data grids, image controls and more :).

All pure Win32 API, and much easier to use than the normal windows ones!

velious
04-28-2004, 03:49 AM
mhtml, is the gui done in VB or VBA? if not, what do you use for a user interface?

Mhtml
04-28-2004, 03:00 PM
The GUI is completely programmed by hand. :)
Written in C++.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum