View Full Version : php session_start() error

Scrowler
04-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/phpsessions/sess_dfa484cbeaadba0bb5791c557bcd75a3, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/overdriv/public_html/config.php on line 2

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/overdriv/public_html/config.php:2) in /home/overdriv/public_html/config.php on line 2

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/overdriv/public_html/config.php:2) in /home/overdriv/public_html/config.php on line 2

what the f**k???

Nightfire
04-23-2004, 12:01 PM
session_start() has to be added before anything is outputted to the browser, that includes whitespace, html, text.

mordred
04-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Your PHP script has no permission to read the session directory on the server. Ask your host to fix that, i.e. he must make the session directory readable for your script.

Scrowler
04-24-2004, 12:42 AM
session_start() has to be added before anything is outputted to the browser, that includes whitespace, html, text.

im not that stupid ;)

Your PHP script has no permission to read the session directory on the server. Ask your host to fix that, i.e. he must make the session directory readable for your script.

thanks, so what must he do? I've never encountered an error like this, my session functions are basically
session_start();
$_SESSION['name'] = 'blah';

it seems wierd to me that on this server i need permissions for session files when i've never had to have them before..

does this mean my server has got good security?

Nightfire
04-24-2004, 12:51 AM
:) Wasn't to know you knew that

All your host needs to do is chmod the tmp dir to 777 or similar, but with them bein a host they should already know what to do if you told them the error you're getting. There's nothing you or anyone else can do apart from your host

Scrowler
04-25-2004, 07:16 AM
thanks, my server techs fixed it

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum