View Full Version : php and printer setup

gince
04-21-2004, 10:33 AM
I want to do printer setup for with PHP code and I don't. Help me please. For example, I want to do paper size A5. Thank you

rane ^-^
04-21-2004, 12:01 PM
I don't understand your situition!

raf
04-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Welcome here !

I suppose you would like to set the printersetting of the client-PC from within your php script. I don't think this is possible in a web-environment since the clients printersetting are used when a page is printed from the browser.

My advice : create a PDF from the output and send that to the client. You can then completely control the layout and format of the printed document.

I'm currently finishing a module to dynamically build PDF files (including injecting input from the db into the generated PDF). It will be made available for free, probaly somewhere in the near future. Let me know if you would be intrested in that sollution, or if you need more info about an easy way to dynamically create PDF's.

sad69
04-22-2004, 01:53 AM
I'd agree with raf. I don't think you can even alter that using Javascript, which is client-side, as this is something which is browser-dependent. Plus you're not really given access to this by most browsers.

You may be able to do something with style sheets. I know that you can set the headers and footers using style sheets...

Welcome here !
I'm currently finishing a module to dynamically build PDF files (including injecting input from the db into the generated PDF). It will be made available for free, probaly somewhere in the near future.

Hey raf, I'd be interested in that module in the near future! Perhaps you can put it in your signature or something when you've got that finished.

Thanks,
Sadiq.

SDP2006
04-22-2004, 02:49 AM
This might be of some use - http://us2.php.net/printer

raf
04-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Hey raf, I'd be interested in that module in the near future! Perhaps you can put it in your signature or something when you've got that finished.

I'll send you a PM next week and then maybe best run through it with you inside the application i initially wrote it for, so you can see it in action first.

sad69
04-22-2004, 06:26 PM
I'll send you a PM next week and then maybe best run through it with you inside the application i initially wrote it for, so you can see it in action first.

Sounds good raf, thanks!

Sadiq.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum