View Full Version : Case tools

Mhtml
04-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Hello!

I would like some suggestions for different case tools that people would like to see .... I'm planning on having a suite of tools under $30 US but I'm a little stuck on ideas :D ..

Antoniohawk
04-01-2004, 03:18 PM
What are case tools?

Mhtml
04-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Tools that help you to make programs, typically by completing otherwise time consuming tasks in less time ... However anything relating to the development process in a way is a case tool I guess. :)

Antoniohawk
04-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the explanation, but I still can't help you out lol :p

Choopernickel
04-06-2004, 04:57 PM
THE SINGLE MOST important thing for a CASE* tool to do is convert UML Static Structure diagrams into class shells (for whichever language is chosen). There's really very little other reason to use CASE tools in software design. If it can import diagrams from Visio documents or some form of XML description of the UML diagram, all the better, but a CASE tool may have to create the diagrams itself. If you can write something to do that for US$30, I'll bow down and spit-shine your boots, hands-free.

*Antoniohawk: CASE stands for Computer-Assisted Software Engineering.

Mhtml
04-08-2004, 02:47 PM
lol, sounds like a challenge! I'll definitely have to look into that a little more ... I have seen something similar before (on sourceforge) but it wasn't very good.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum