View Full Version : change javascript code to php

03-25-2004, 05:36 PM

I'v been asked to change my javascript to php code. Please can u tel me how to change the javascript below to php. I am using some php. It's basically onclick of items in a listbox, I populate certain fields....

echo "<TD rowspan=7 height=\"120\"><SELECT NAME=\"LstSchoolName\" ID=\"LstSchoolName\" SIZE=\"8\" ONCHANGE=\"Schoolselected(this);\" >

$sJavaScript = "function Schoolselected(elem)

{ for (var i = document.f1.length; i >= 0; i--)
{ document.f1.txtSchool.value[i] = null
document.f1.txtAddr.value[i] = null

while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array($result) )
If ($SName!=$row["SchoolName"]){

$SName = $row["SchoolName"];
echo "\n<OPTION VALUE='".$row["SchoolName"]."'>".$SName."</OPTION>

// and add a new section to the javascript...

$sJavaScript = $sJavaScript."}\n"."if (elem.options[elem.selectedIndex].value=='".$row["SchoolName"]."'){\n";

$sJavaScript = $sJavaScript."document.f1.txtSchool.value = ('".$row["SchoolName"]."');\n";
$sJavaScript = $sJavaScript."document.f1.txtAddr.value = ('".$row["Street"]."');\n";

$sJavaScript = $sJavaScript."if (document.f1.txtFundedBy.value == 'SCHOOL'){\n";
$sJavaScript = $sJavaScript."document.f1.txtAddr1.value = ('".$row["Street"]."');\n";
$sJavaScript = $sJavaScript."document.f1.txtName.value = ('".$row["SchoolName"]."')}\n";

$sJavaScript = $sJavaScript."\n}\n}\n";
echo "\n<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=\"JavaScript\">";
echo "\n".$sJavaScript."\n</SCRIPT>\n";

04-01-2004, 03:55 AM
Hey J-in-uk,

The only way to have the PHP alter the value is to make the "onChange" equal submit() [onChange='submit()'] and then process the value using PHP and alter the other elements of the form.

PS You would need to enclose the <SELECT> in <FORM>

04-01-2004, 07:34 AM

04-01-2004, 08:20 AM
Do not create multiple topics with the same question. All replies need to go in the thread that raf has listed which is your original thread.

Closing thread...