View Full Version : ws2k3 pop(3) server

03-21-2004, 12:52 PM
i am conscidering getting a domain from http://domains.uk-plc.net/ but will it work with windows server 2003 to get pop3 working, also is there a guide anywhere to setting up pop3 on windows server 2003 apart from the wizard used to set it up (as i do not have a domain yet I can't get past the domain name section so i don't know what else happens :p)

03-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Windows Server 2003 doesn't come with any mail software outside the SMTP component in IIS as far as I know. That's what software like Microsoft Exchange Server is for. There are most likely less expensive alternatives but I couldn't tell you what they were, mail software isn't one of my fortays.

I use Windows Sever 2003 Standard on my main machine at work, I'll check tomorrow to see if there is anything past SMTP although I don't think there is.

03-22-2004, 07:35 AM
iis is part of the application role and has smtp in it, pop is a different role, i know its there i just dont know how to set it up 'till i get my domain so i wanted to do some research now as to not skrew it up :cool: