View Full Version : How to point to INCLUDES directory

03-20-2004, 05:56 AM
I have been using phpmailer for some time now on my home server, and have switched to a hosting company. I need to install three files for phpmailer to work in the "includes" directory.

I do not have access to this directory, but there is a comment on the phpmailer site giving me these instructions.

I am not a linux person, so knowing how to point to directories is foreign to me.

Their instructions tell me to add the following statement to my script.

ini_set("include_path", ".:/path/to/phpmailer/dir");

I did so with this statement:

ini_set("include_path", ".:/includes");

class.phpmailer.php is in the includes directory.

I get this error when executing this script:

Warning: main(class.phpmailer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/semmesd/public_html/roster/register.php on line 85

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'class.phpmailer.php' (include_path='.:/includes') in /home/semmesd/public_html/roster/register.php on line 85

I placed a directory in my /public_html directory called "includes" and it has the proper files in it.

Have I correctly pointed to this directory?

On my hosting company, the actual full path is:

I tried using that as well, and get the same error.

I am sure my problem is I just don't know how to point to the directory correctly.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Tom R.

03-20-2004, 04:25 PM
to account for the usual include path that should be ...

if that does not work (and it really should) , try simply dumping those files in

03-20-2004, 05:01 PM

Thanks a million, Your example pointed out the single typo I was making.

I failed to place the "/" in front of the directory path.

Amazing how something so simple is so hard to notice once you have looked at it five or ten times.

Thanks again.