View Full Version : php executable file

03-19-2004, 11:31 AM
My lecturer ask me to save my project's executable file on a CD so that she can run it. But i don't know how. I'm using php, MySQL and Apache. Please help!

03-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Did you tell her that it was a php project? As far as I know there would be no way of doing this (easily at least). She may just mean the PHP file, but that would require her to have the same setup as you.

03-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Well, you can run PHP from the command line in linux. All you need to do is add the #!/usr/bin/php line (or whatever the path to php is on your system) then chmod a+x the file.

But I think you're talking about the windows world. Not sure how to do it there.

03-19-2004, 06:14 PM
its similar, I use:

C:\Documents and Settings\Matt>cd C:\php
C:\php>php.exe C:\Path\To\File

And it will output in the DOS window.

03-20-2004, 12:42 AM
both MySQL & Apache require write access so setting them up on a CD means configuring them to use available windows temp directories etc for PID files & table writes which you have to figure out at runtime.

whilst the above is possible..far easier would be USB flash memory sticks , they are writable so don't have the same issues

03-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Obviously your teacher doesn't realize that you are doing a web based assignment otherwise they would not have asked for it on CD. Your best bet is to put it online on a publicly available webserver and turn in the the URL where they can find it.

03-20-2004, 01:14 AM
you could also hand in all the scripts so that they can look through the code and have it on the webserver where they can see it in action.