View Full Version : Showing/Hiding <ul>s with JS, some <a>s in lists not registering in IE

03-17-2004, 11:34 PM

When you mouse over one of the main tabs, a function is called which does two things:

-Hides all submenu <ul>s (in case one was already up)
-Shows the appropriate <ul> for the submenu links
-Swaps the background image on the containing <td> so that it matches the main tab you moused over

Simple enough, but for some reason the options under "Cities/Counties" and "Contact Us" do not register as links in IE. They must as far as the HTML and CSS are concerned because viewing the source shows that they are still <a>s. And they have the appropriate color specified by my stylesheet.

So my question is why IE (and only IE) doesn't recognize the links for those last two sets.

All applicable JS is easily viewable in the <head> of the page.

03-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Not sure how to answer your question, but I did notice that in Mozilla, the website has some major positioning problems.

03-18-2004, 12:10 AM
i wouldn't call 1-2px gaps "major" by any means, but i am aware of that. thanks. perhaps you could offer some insight there?

it's a simple table holding all of that together. i don't know why Moz effs it up.

03-18-2004, 12:31 AM
O by major I mean this...

03-18-2004, 03:40 AM
errr.. wow.. oh, yeknow what.. that's a Netscape screen isn't it?

i think i recall seeing that happen before because i tried to horizontally center a table with CSS. netscape seems to not apply the absolute positioning specified, but apply the negative left margin.

i'll look into it later, but i think wrapping it in a div is the solution. thanks for the heads up.

03-18-2004, 07:48 PM

help? clues?

please? :(

Roy Sinclair
03-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Try removing the "position: relative;" from the "#submenus ul" CSS Rule.

Don't know why this works but it did on a simplified version of your page.

03-19-2004, 12:40 AM
indeed. thank you very much, sir. :)