View Full Version : phpinfo() wierd behaviour!

03-15-2004, 06:28 PM
I installed PHP5 + Apache 2.8 and they're working perfectly! The only problem is that when I wana run a php file containing "phpinfo()", it doesn't work, or my browser starts reloading the page for some seconds and then shows the results. I have no problem with other PHP files, this is the only buggy thing in my installation that I hope I can debug by your help!

Thank you

03-16-2004, 04:23 AM
apache 2.8 .... you been warping time again ? ;)

try adding ob_start(); before phpinfo() , thats a guess BTW but often stops those page reloading bugs that you get with apache2 , you get them cos its still experimental , as is PHP5 so dont expect too much with that combination at the moment, even when PHP5 is released it will only be stable with apache 1.*

03-16-2004, 07:27 AM
hi firepages, how're ya?!!

Well, to be honest it's about a year and a half that I'm developing PHP apps, but I was always using your PHPDev bundle! It's till yesterday that I decided to go and install PHP on my own! So, don't expect me to know too much about all these versions and stuff! I installed apache 2.0.48, and I installed PHP 5 and then did those little changes in http.conf and php.ini relating these 2 to each other and lemme tell ya that it's so joyful!! But now I can't run my previous programs coz I still need to go for mysql and a sort of mysql GUI like phpMyAdmin or something else.

Thanks for your help, but why should I add ob_start() to that little script? I really can't understand! :confused:

03-16-2004, 07:48 AM
well cheers ! , that first successful config is a nice feeling :D

but why should I add ob_start() to that little script?

If you want a logical answer I really cant help ! , however I am sadly quite used to the revolving pages issue with apache2 , and 9/10 adding ob_start() 'fixes' it , though I cant say for sure if it will work and if it does why it does ~

03-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Wow, if I should add a ob_start() at the beginning and an ob_end() at the end of all my scripts I think it's much better that I go and grab an apache ver 1.*, huh? I'm not even a beginner apache user, so, probably I don't even understand the new changes in apache ver 100!!