View Full Version : Is it possible to place an HTML page inside of a table?

Psychoman
02-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Is there a way to display an html page inside of another (more sepcifically inside of a table) by using absolute position or any other way?

frames is out of the question

Thanks
Psycho

gsnedders
02-27-2004, 11:27 PM
PHP - If you have the file you want to put in the table just like
<p>Error 404 helps here</p> which is just the code inside the <body> tag.

Then inside your table you would put
<?PHP require ('tabletext.html'); ?>(replacing tabletext.html with the location of your document) and that would work.

Psychoman
02-29-2004, 01:50 AM
Thank you very much, I Found that using I frames helps too, i dont know which form is better, but ill try both to see which way i like the most.

Thanks again
Psycho

oldcrazylegs
03-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Does your host allow server-side includes? if so, try this.

<!--#include file="yourfile.txt" -->

If not try javaScript Includes.

<script language="javascript" src="yourfile"></script>

Allso Iframe or Object tags

gsnedders
03-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by oldcrazylegs
Does your host allow server-side includes? if so, try this.

<!--#include file="yourfile.txt" -->

If not try javaScript Includes.

<script language="javascript" src="yourfile"></script>

Allso Iframe or Object tags

Think of the people with javascript disabled, they wouldn't see it, and to use the server side includes you should still get down to the content inside <body> tags becuase otherwise it wouldn't validate (see my sig for the validator).

Kang He
03-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Error 404
Think of the people with javascript disabled, they wouldn't see it, and to use the server side includes you should still get down to the content inside <body> tags becuase otherwise it wouldn't validate (see my sig for the validator).

Well - as always - it depends on the audience you have or are targetting for.

How many people have JavaScript disabled these days? How many sites depend on JavaScript?

zoobie
03-05-2004, 05:03 AM
Yep...and anyone surfing without javascript enabled knowing how many sites depend on this must be kinda goofy anyway...and probably not the customer you're looking for...IMO
Right, gee...er...guys?
Hah! :D

Ultragames
03-05-2004, 05:11 PM
HTML includes something called an Object feild. which you can use to make a sort of floating frame. but i would use an iframe if possible. no need for PHP.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum