View Full Version : python input problem

velious
02-23-2004, 09:53 PM
this code is being difficult with me. It says that the " mark by the word "are" is wrong..but i dont know why. I tried to seperate the " marks and commas but that didn't seem to help much.

print "Welcome to my program "
print "Please type your name, age, city, state, and zip,"

name = input("name ")
age = input("age ")
city = input("city ")
state = input("state ")
zip = input("zip ")

print "Your name is", name "you are", age "years old and live in", city , state, zip
print "Thank you for joining us!."

Jason
02-24-2004, 12:37 AM
print "Welcome to my program "
print "Please type your name, age, city, state, and zip,"

name = input("name ")
age = input("age ")
city = input("city ")
state = input("state ")
zip = input("zip ")

print "Your name is", name "you are", age "years old and live in", city , state, zip
print "Thank you for joining us!."

try adding the line

print "Your name is %s your age is %s years old and live in %s %s %s" % (name, age, city, state, zip)

other wise to use your print statment, don't use the double quotes, use single quotes and it should work.

Jason

velious
02-24-2004, 03:09 AM
Jason, it did not work, but thats ok..i'll keep working at it.. was wondering what does the %s mean?

Jason
02-25-2004, 01:23 AM
%s basically says you are using a string variable....so if you were using an int it would be %i and double/floats are %f extended florats are %ef or something...but then at the end you say what variables go in the order in which you use the variables...

print "%s %i %s %s %i " % (name, age, city, state, zip)

where name = string
age = int
city = string
state = string
zip = int

and they correspond to the porper var call, maybe try taking the '%' out that seperates the vars and the printing string.....

Jason

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum