View Full Version : Hover Color

stevan
02-17-2004, 08:33 PM
How do you have more than one hover and link color on the same page.

I know how to insert the code BUT is there a way to make some links one set of colors and other different.

THXS STeve

Roy Sinclair
02-17-2004, 08:40 PM
http://www.codingforums.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=217604&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Lots on this subject has already been written. Just follow some of these other threads and you'll not only find the solution you want but a lot of the other information which'll help you understand how it works and what mistakes to avoid :)

stevan
02-17-2004, 08:47 PM
I tryed that BUT must have entered the wrong search text

newmand2
02-17-2004, 09:16 PM
right then, I dont mind explaining. I may get a few things wrong as Im relatively new to CSS.

Ok, basicaaly you first have to assign each link (this technique can be used for tables,divs,lists,fonts etc) a class. For example style1 and style2:

<a class="style1">This is in style1 style</a>

Then in a stylesheet (internal or external) you must say which style you are referring to:

.style1 {

}

In the curly brackets goes the actual style of the content. This can be anything, although there is a set language.

.style1 {
font-family: arial;
another-style-element: the-style;
}

Hope this helps. Obviously this is basic and I don't know exactly what you want, but if anyone else cares to elaborate on this...

Roy Sinclair
02-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by stevan
I tryed that BUT must have entered the wrong search text

Yes, sometimes all you need are the right terms to search for. You did follow the link I posted right? I hope so, because what you're looking for is certainly there in abundance.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum