View Full Version : Ascii or Unicode in, not between, script-tag

02-04-2004, 06:24 PM

When writing javascript within javascript You can write fe. java'+'script, change a character with ascii or unescape a unicode character.

Is there also a possibility to do that with a "normal" script tag like:

Any ideas ar welcome!

02-05-2004, 05:53 AM
Of course not. Why would you like to do that?

02-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for Your reply, I was just wondering if it's possible to let a javascript disabled browser believe the site doesn't contain scripts.

Thanks for Your time,

02-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Do you mean like this?

//codes here

Javascript is not supported or disabled.

02-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Sorry Glenn,

I suppose that a script disabled browser, disables the script tags it finds when reading the page. I was wondering if we could mutilate the script tags by writing them in uni-code or else to fool the browser. Like there is a way to include a js-file without using script-tags.

Anyway, thanks for Your time Glenn,

Roy Sinclair
02-05-2004, 04:24 PM
A javascript disabled browser IGNORES the contents of <script</script> tags. If you mean to make a javascript disabled browser somehow execute javascript anyway then forget it, the user has javascript disabled for a reason and it's not your place as a web developer to override the end user's choice.

Your web pages need to function properly without javascript, the scripting on your page should be there to make it easier for users to interact with your page and your site but they should not be essential.

02-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Sorry Roy,

I am not a webdeveloper, just a hobbiest, who sometimes wonders how things work. Like what can be a practical solution for a theoretical concept. This without bad meaning.

When I feel I go to far or ask to much, I directly stop the thread.

Thanks for Your time,