View Full Version : Linking to a page with an iframe, targeting specific page to load inside

08-03-2002, 07:55 AM
One more question....I'll try to ask this question clearly.

I have an index.html page that has several links on the bottom, such as about.html, bio.html, etc... When clicked I want the mainpage to pop up, that contains an iframe. BUT I want to target a specific page to load into the iframe when the link is clicked. Example: index.html page - click on link, about.html -the mainpage should then pop up and about.html load into the iframe. Is this possible all in one click??

Thanks again,

08-03-2002, 09:28 AM
yeah it is, but it's a little complicated to explain, and i'm real tired right now. if you can wait till tomorrow morning, i can give you an example of how it could be done.

08-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Yes of course I can wait one more day. =) Would appreciate it.

08-07-2002, 09:46 AM
I wanted the same thing..
hav u people reached to any final result...?

08-07-2002, 10:01 AM
is this what you want?

function doOpen(url,url2){
w = window.open(url,"","windowfeatureshere")
w.onload=new function(){

then in your links:

<a href="javascript:doOpen('index.html','about.html')">Link1</a>

that's javascript without space

08-07-2002, 11:37 AM
dear glenngv,

I need to reexplain the situation:

I have 2 pages:
1) index.html (first page)
2) main.html (second page) which contains an iframe.

and now i have few links on index.html which shd open in iframe of main.html.

1) where shd i place the above script.. i mean shd i place it in a .js file and link both pages(index and main) with it.
2) in main.html, where the iframe is, what source should i give <iframe src='?'>.

08-07-2002, 11:50 AM
index.html and main.html should be open at the same time to work.

the script above is not applicable to you, this is:

1. links in index.html:

<a href="link1.html" target="iframeNameHere">Link1</a>
<a href="link2.html" target="iframeNameHere">Link2</a>

change iframeNameHere to your iframe name. if the window, where main.html is loaded, is not open then the links will be opened in a new window.

2. in your iframe, you should have a default or dummy page loaded. it could either be one of the pages of the links in index.html.