View Full Version : Submitting form to third party's website

Michiel
01-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Hey,

I was wondering whether the follwing is possible: I've got a form on my website that I submit to someone else's form that is located on another webserver. It is a ordering-form and this way I'm able to place orders in this third party's database, without me knowing their login information.

After the form is submitted, a confirmation page of this third party's page is displayed. Actually I'd like to display my personal 'thank you' page instead. SO I want to submit the form, check whether the order is correctly stored and then replace their output with mine ... Is this possible and if so how can I achieve this?

Michiel

PS I'd like to stress out that this concers a legal action and is approved by the third party. They just don't want to change their system for me, that's why ;)

soccerdvy
01-20-2004, 10:17 PM
You CAN do this, but it would be a LOT easier if you got an account on their database system. Even if it was only a read/write account. Check with them, and see if they would be willing to give you one that you could use to include in your scripts. Then you would just use

mysql_connect(www.theirserver.com, thelogintheygaveyou, thepasswordtheygaveyou);

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum