View Full Version : HTML form - 2 submit buttons going to different places?

quadrant6
01-18-2004, 02:54 AM
I've built a site for a client and there is a page which lists news stories. This is to be updated by them and I've been building a small admin area using php for this purpose.

So I've created a form for adding a News Story to the site and has input fields for the story text and a file input box to upload an image.

There is an "Add" (submit) button which submits the form, adds the story text to the database and stores the uploaded image in a folder (using the inserted id of that that record as the image name).

Once the add button is clicked though, the story is up live on the site. I thought it would be good if the client could get a preview first of what the page would look like so on my form page I'd like to have a "preview"(submit) button which submits to a different preview page.

This preview page would just display the inputted info and add the image to a temp directory.

This is not ideal but seems to be the simplest way i can think of so far.

so.... is it possible to have 2 submit buttons in a form both going to different places.

Also if you have any better suggestions on a way to give the client a preview of the content they have added before it's actually live please let me know.

COBOLdinosaur
01-18-2004, 06:21 PM
<form action="">
all the form fields here

<input type="button" value="Preview"
onClick="this.form.action='previewscript.php';this.form.submit()">

<input type="button" value="Submit"
onClick="this.form.action='updatescript.php';this.form.submit()">
</form>

Dshah
10-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks this helped me today

abduraooft
10-05-2009, 06:40 PM
so.... is it possible to have 2 submit buttons in a form both going to different places.
I'd use a single page and add conditional blocks to execute the code based on which button was pressed(without any javascript code, which is not reliable in all cases).

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum