View Full Version : Bookmark this page in Netscape

CitznFish
01-16-2004, 01:45 AM
Is there anyway to have a guest click on a link to bookmark a page in Netscape? All I can figure out is the Control-D method, which doesn't work for my application. Well, it works, but i want guest using netscape to click on an icon just like IE users can. I've been searching for an answer and can't find any.. this has to work in netscape 4.77 and above...

TIA!

-cf

zoobie
01-16-2004, 06:06 AM
I don't think NS has that capability...

ReadMe.txt
01-16-2004, 05:20 PM
give them a written link, the context menu in NS/Moz has an option for adding link to bookmark.

If JS alone could set bookmarks then hundreds could be set without the user's consent.

Roy Sinclair
01-16-2004, 06:28 PM
"Add to your Favorites" and "Bookmark this page" links are a waste of time. People who like your pages are going to bookmark/favorite them anyway while those who don't like them that well aren't. No need to use space on your page to recreate an item that's already available.

me'
01-16-2004, 06:34 PM
If you're only motive is usability, ask yourself, 'Which is more usable? The interface the user is used to, or one I'd like to present to them?'

As with Roy's post, don't include these kind of links. They won't get clicked.

CitznFish
01-16-2004, 06:40 PM
This is for a magazine oriented site with 30,000 features. It's standard to our design to have "bookmark this page" on all of our features. I don't care to use javascript for it, and I have an IE solution, but there doesn't seem to be a netscape solution. This site is tempalte driven and I certianly didn't create it all, I just wanted to add the "Bookmark this page" capability for Netscape users. It never had this feature in the past, and so our netscape users don't have the option., yet.

http://familyfun.go.com

spufi
01-16-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by CitznFish
This is for a magazine oriented site with 30,000 features. It's standard to our design to have "bookmark this page" on all of our features. I don't care to use javascript for it, and I have an IE solution, but there doesn't seem to be a netscape solution. This site is tempalte driven and I certianly didn't create it all, I just wanted to add the "Bookmark this page" capability for Netscape users. It never had this feature in the past, and so our netscape users don't have the option., yet.

http://familyfun.go.com

Yes they do have that option. They have it via their own broswer. As a person who has tons of bookmarks, I've never done it via a link on somebody's site. Firebird handles it all too nicely for me anyway. :)

zoobie
01-17-2004, 12:29 PM
That being established, on a related note, I just d/l'ed am deadlink which goes thru your favorite bookmarks and roots out all the dead sites and links...erased 68 bad links of mine.

Alas Nutscrape....we hardly knew thee :cool:

justame
01-17-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Roy Sinclair
"Add to your Favorites" and "Bookmark this page" links are a waste of time. People who like your pages are going to bookmark/favorite them anyway

roy...
/me more than just a grees® with ya...ifin' theyyy wanttt to return to thattt page theyyy willl figure out orrr would havvve by now howww to do it via their browser...:O)))...

n' /me just a thinks® though...tisss nice to have the ol' print this just a page® one...orrr view thisss page as just a text®...:O)))
n' reminds ya shes stilll nottt programmed to think...lol...

zoo...
"quote...Alas Nutscrape....we hardly knew thee ...endquote"

just a giggles®.../me stillllll has n' doeees just a load® it nowww n' thennn to just a check® the site in goood ol' netscrap4.7...rotflmao!!!

CitznFish
01-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by justame
roy...
/me more than just a grees® with ya...ifin' theyyy wanttt to return to thattt page theyyy willl figure out orrr would havvve by now howww to do it via their browser...:O)))...

n' /me just a thinks® though...tisss nice to have the ol' print this just a page® one...orrr view thisss page as just a text®...:O)))
n' reminds ya shes stilll nottt programmed to think...lol...

zoo...
"quote...Alas Nutscrape....we hardly knew thee ...endquote"

just a giggles®.../me stillllll has n' doeees just a load® it nowww n' thennn to just a check® the site in goood ol' netscrap4.7...rotflmao!!!

Engrish?

justame
01-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by CitznFish
Engrish?

cit...
just a nope®...justamese™ :O)))

Paul Jr
01-21-2004, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by justame
r"quote...Alas Nutscrape....we hardly knew thee ...endquote"
goood ol' netscrap4.7...rotflmao!!!