View Full Version : Is there a easy way of CSS styling for a sport league table?

barnettgs
01-13-2004, 09:06 PM
I am making a league table and I know how to style it with 2 different color on each row with CSS: eg light grey on row 1, dark on row 2 and so on... but is there a way using CSS to do it once rather than having to 'class' each row of the league table?

Thanks

me'
01-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Theoretically, this is how you'd do it:
table tr:nth-child(2n) { background-color: grey }
table tr:nth-child(2n-1) { background-color: aqua }Using CSS3 selectors (http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/). AFAIK, though, nothing supports this, so you'd have to class everything up. I'd suggest leaving in those selectors though, as they'd do something eventually, and they're not doing any harm.

jkd
01-13-2004, 11:34 PM
You could also just use the odd/even keywords. MSN on MacOSX supports use of these keywords (and not the linear equations):

tr:nth-child(even) { }
tr:nth-child(odd) { }

But if you need reasonable support (pretty much nobody uses that browser anyway), you'll have to use classes, Javascript, or a combination of behaviors and bindings.

barnettgs
01-14-2004, 12:23 AM
Oh dear, too much bothering to do that...I got to forget about it and I had another thought - I have decided to use solid bottom black border under each <td> and it looked nice, so it is done using id table once rather than having to class each row. Thanks anyway

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum