View Full Version : best compiler for a beginner

uniquity
01-13-2004, 02:02 AM
wut's the best recommended compiler for a beginner doin some basic to mediocre diffcultly stuff?

liorean
01-13-2004, 02:11 AM
Compiler for what language? If you mean C/C++, I'd say Bloodshed, or possibly Borland Turbo C. For assembly, TASM, MASM and NASM in that order. For Pascal, Bloodshed Delphi, or Borland Turbo Pascal. For Java, one of the commercial ones, they are way ahead of the free ones (here I mean -> machine code compilers, for -> java bytecode Suns's environments are best.). For Scheme, Chez, then PLT.

uniquity
01-13-2004, 07:02 AM
im havin some problems with my compiler and since im a beginner im not sure wut the problem is. the compiler wont compile my programs hence, i cant run the programs. wut are some possible examples of the problems that i am facing?

uniquity
01-13-2004, 07:09 AM
this is the header that im using that is not working (forgot to add it)

#include <iostream.h>
int main()
{
cout<<"The Compiler Works";
return 0;
}

mpicklesimer
01-15-2004, 12:56 AM
You're programming in C? It makes a difference in suggesting what compiler to use. Also, it appears that this is for a Windows environment. That makes a difference too.

Jason
01-15-2004, 01:05 AM
obviously C++, and it shouldn't be a header....it should be a .cpp file

#include <iostream.h>
#include <stdio.h> //might add that, not sure if it will make a difference

int main()
{
cout<<"The Compiler Works";
return 0;
}

make sure your file is a .cpp and not an .h file...there is a big difference...

Jason

liorean
01-15-2004, 01:09 AM
Hmm, isn't the cout stream a C++ feature? That would mean iostream.h and not stdio.h. Some environments like it to be just iostream, without the .h part, though.

uniquity
01-15-2004, 02:29 AM
ive tried all ur suggestions and it doesnt work. it wont even compile. it keeps on sayin.

unable to run program file.

narf
01-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Download the bloodshed compiler i made a programme within 30 second of learning the cout function.

hope thet helps,
happy coding,
narf

THE END

uniquity
01-18-2004, 04:40 PM
finally got it, thanks guys, still dont no wut the problem was but i kept tryin and i finally got it.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum