View Full Version : stop button

the_bob
01-09-2004, 01:42 AM
Is it possible to disable the stop button on the toolbar?

A friend of mine has a game where you buy alcohol and then go to other citys to sell it for more. Then you get a chance to buy a gun and you can rob the store so it just gives you some booze to sell. The downside is that sometimes you get shot when stealing and it ends the game. First it has an alert that you have been killed then it takes you to a page that says you were killed. But me being smart, i found out that if you hit ok on the alert then hurry and hit the stop button you can continue playing.

Since cheating is bad, do you think it would be possible to disable the stop button on the toolbar?

glenngv
01-09-2004, 09:28 AM
The solution that you should do is to set a global variable that tells the status of the game (e.g. gameOver = true/false). Then in the game, check its value and do the appropriate action based on the status.

the_bob
01-09-2004, 12:52 PM
What if the game opened in a pop up? I've seen them without toolbars. Is it possible to still "stop" the page from loading without one?

Caffeine
01-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Yep. the [Esc]-key stops the pageload in Mozilla, Opera & IE on windows, I don't know if this is true for other browsers as well.

glenngv
01-10-2004, 02:51 PM
You should really put a game status variable

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum