View Full Version : Question on Order form

01-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Hi Lavalamp:
I hope you had a nice holidays. I have a quick question. On the order form that you worked on, how can I make the gaps shorter between the ordered items when they get listed in "SO far you have ordered"? This would also make the gap shorter in the print out page, correct? Can you tell me how to do it?

01-12-2004, 09:00 PM
I've not been "patrolling" the forums much recently, I haven't had time.

If you want to shorten the gap between them, first of all find this line:

ordval+=(ordered["flyers"][p]["amount"]>2499)?ordered["flyers"][p]["amount"]+" of "+discription["flyers"][p]+", at "+curr+ordered["flyers"][p]["price"].toFixed(2)+" each."+gap+"That's "+curr+(Math.round((ordered["flyers"][p]["amount"]*ordered["flyers"][p]["price"])*100)/100).toFixed(2)+gap+gap:"";

and right at the very end remove one of the +gap's, that should leave no line between the listed items. If you also wnat to do this with the gifts then you will have to find this line:

ordval+=(flyercost>0 && ordered["gifts"][p]["amount"]>0)?ordered["gifts"][p]["amount"]+" of "+discription["gifts"][p]+", at "+curr+ordered["gifts"][p]["price"].toFixed(2)+" each."+gap+"That's "+curr+(Math.round((ordered["gifts"][p]["amount"]*ordered["gifts"][p]["price"])*100)/100).toFixed(2)+gap+gap:"";

it's just below the other line and again just remove one of the last +gap's.

01-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. It took care of it...

01-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Hanppy to help again. :)

01-27-2004, 08:30 PM
I got your e-mail and PM, but I'd prefer to reply in the thread if that's OK.

I've included a .txt file that should have all the instructions that you need to make the form do what you want, I think I understood what you wanted but I'm not 100% on that.

I would have just altered a copy of the form that I have, but I don't have an up-to-date version so that would probably hinder rather than help you.

01-27-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi Lavalamp:
Thanks for getting back to me. I changed what you said. I set the postage to first class. Now,when the form opens and I order flyer and gift and don't change the postage, I get this:
Plus Dropped Shipped Postage $NaN (but it is set to 1st class!!!)
Total Flyer Cost: $NaN
Overall Total Cost: $NaN

But when I chage the postage to Dropped shipped w/standard, it works perfectly. And the strangest thing is that if I go back now and click first class again, it WORKS!!!!

Can you check out my attachment and you'll see what I mean....

01-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Sorry, forgot my own script, you've also got to change this bit:

var postal="standard"; // The default postage class, again it must match the checked radio button and the appropriate name in the postage array.

to this:

var postal="first"; // The default postage class, again it must match the checked radio button and the appropriate name in the postage array.

By the way, try altering the code by hand once in a while, it isn't that hard. Now you've used Frontpage it's been machined. All of the CSS and HTML is screwed up.

Also, find this line:

<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="We provide promotional flyers and direct mail advertising for automobile dealerships

and change it to this:

<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="We provide promotional flyers and direct mail advertising for automobile dealerships">

01-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks. It is great. I'll show it to my boss but I think this is what he had in mind....

01-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Well, I am glad you haven't seen my last post because I showed the new form to my boss and he said that I have misunderstood him. He wants to give them the choice of 1st class postage and dropped shipped as an option just like what we did with duplex printing (yes/no type of thing - it is 10 cents for 1st class and 2 cents for dropped -per flyer of course)Let me know,

ps If I don't hear from you this way by tomorrow afternoon, I hope it is okay to PM you??

02-04-2004, 02:09 AM
Hello again, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I've been a little busy launching another web-site and catching up with work and homework that I missed while I was having exams.

This script should do what you want, but there's no guarantee that it will be bug free. It's 1:07 AM here and I just finished on it (I know, I'm a vampire), I might have over-looked something. Let me know if there's anything that needs changing on it.

02-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Thanks for doing it with being busy and all... It worked!!!! However, the script that you were working on was a little old version. Mine is the newest version and when I changed everything, it is not working. I am attaching the one I have changed. Could you take a look at it to see where the bug is?

02-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Could you attach one that you haven't modified please. It's easier for me to modify something than to fix it.

02-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Here is the one I have left as original one...

02-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi sorry it took so long but the error eluded me for some time, then today it just hit me, there was an r where there should have been a q and I didn't realise.

When I said, "could you attach one that you haven't modified please?" I just meant could you send me the latest one you had that you hadn't modifed the script section of.

It doesn't matter, I've fixed it now.

I have gone through the code and un-marmalised it all (I hate frontpage so much), this will make it easier to modify in the future (if it needs modding). Please try not to use frontpage on it, no innocent unsuspecting web-page deserves that. :D
Instead, just try using notepad or something, it really isn't all that hard to do honest, I should know. :)

02-10-2004, 03:08 PM
The bug is gone. However, when I order and before I even select 1st class or anything else, it automatically adds 1st class, dropped and duplex printing to the order. They are all on their NO default but they act as though they are on YES default...
Could you when you get a chance check it out and let me know? Thanks again for all your help....

02-10-2004, 05:30 PM
You sure? The version I have doesn't do that.

I can't talk to you again until Thursday evening because I'm going away for a couple of days. Talk to you when I get back. Until then here's the upload again, it's the same one, but maybe this one works, I dunno.

02-10-2004, 09:21 PM
It works except when I go to "Click here to go to the printer friendly order print out page" to see it for print, the order has doubled. When I close the screen and go back to order form, the order has tripled in amount... It is weired. Could you check it out?

02-11-2004, 11:20 PM
I found the problem, the variable flyercost was not reset when a function ran so everytime it was run the variable flyercost got doubled. Should be fixed now:

02-12-2004, 03:47 PM
I don't know what is it?? All of the sudden it is gone bizarre...
1) First of all it doesn't add the dropped shipped to the flyers.
2) Now, the flyers won't double but it does it to the gift and obviously to the overall total(I am assuming the variable giftcost is not reset!!!) when I go back to the form from the print sheet (same as before with flyers). It doubles back and forth...
3) Anther odd thing is that when I clear the form and redo it, it adds the dropped ship to the "so far you have ordered" section automatically even when NO is selected (of course it doesn't add to the flyer total as I mentioned). If close the form and open it, it won't do it!!!
Well, that is it so far that I found...
I am sorry about all this. I know you are busy. Thanks again.

02-12-2004, 06:30 PM
1) Fixed
2) Fixed, and yes, you were right about this one although the variable name was slightly different.
3) Fixed

These were all easy fixes, but I didn't spot the bugs due to an extreme lack of testing. Should be OK now, I tested it a little bit and so far it's come up trumps every time.

Let me know if there's any more.

02-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Hi again:
The dropped shipped is fixed but the other problems are still there. It is in the gift section. When I go to print sheet, Total Gift cost doubles and of course it adds to Overall Total Cost. When I close this screen and go back to the form, Total Gift cost has been increased by the amount of original Total gift cost and of course it increases the Overall cost.
Also, it doesn't clear as I said before. I don't know....
I hope it is fixable!

02-12-2004, 08:54 PM
That's weird, can you tell me what browser and Operating system you are running on, I'm on Windows XP and I tried it with IE, Mozilla and Opera and none of them have that problem.

02-12-2004, 10:15 PM
I am on windows xp and my computer is only 6 months old. I am using IE for browser.

02-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Hey there:
I have tried it on every computer in the office mostly w/windows XP ( I even tried it on a windows 98), the same... I tried it using IE and Netscape ( I don't have the other ones you mentioned- I think most of our customers use IE or maybe Netscape).
Do you really think this is a computer problem and not a bug in the code? (I know your code is perfect and I love what you have done; don't take any offense please. That is not my purpose) This just happens when I go to that pop up window of "click here to go to the printer friendly order print out page"....
Do you think I should just go back to regular form with just a submit button and not having any pop up window? or this is fixable?
I'll appreciate your help so much....

02-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Let me see if I have got the right end of the stick here.

You're saying that when you open the pop-up the total cost of the gifts has doubled, and when you close the pop-up in the textarea the gift cost has trebled and so on. Is that right?

If that is the problem then I'm stumped. I don't have that problem at all and I've got the latest version of IE and I'm running Windows XP (just the same as you).

I'll have a poke around and see what I can find.

02-14-2004, 11:42 PM
I found the problem almost instantly. I must have had two versions of the order form called "Ordering Flyers 22", one in a folder and one on the desktop, I must have uploaded the wrong one.

Here is the newer, as of yet not-uploaded, version:

02-16-2004, 06:10 PM
You are wonderful. It works perfectly... I owe you a lot! Just one thing If you don't mind checking for me? Could you take a look at the order form with the code that I have ( where you had PHP stuff) and just tell me if I am missing anything? This code is from my account and the host and I know it is not your job but I am getting an error when I order. When I click the submit button, it goes through but the little yellow error sign shows up at the bottom of the page and when I get the result in my email, it only lists the items ordered (flyer, postage, gifts, etc) and not the customer contact info and the rest. That is why I want you to take a look and see if anything is missing... I hope I am making sense here. I'll appreciate it so much....

02-16-2004, 07:28 PM
This should do it:

02-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks for checking it. Now, I was trying it and when I click to go to the printer friendly order print out page,
I get this in the textarea (<br> after everything and the yellow error on the bottom of the page):
So far you have ordered:<br>
5000 of Flyer - Authorized Super Sale, at $0.44 each.<br>
That's $2200.00<br>

02-16-2004, 09:56 PM
I re-wrote quite a few things and moved some stuff around.

I also didn't see the, "it only lists the items ordered", bit of your message so I've fixed that as well now.

02-17-2004, 02:59 PM
Thank you. You are the man. Everything is wonderful and it works... I am so greatful to you as usual!!

ps You KNOW I'll come to you again when I am in trouble, don't you????

02-17-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by tweetie37
You KNOW I'll come to you again when I am in trouble, don't you????Unfortunately :(

At least I know where to look to see the order form in action though. So if you ever think to butcher it using FrontPage express remember, I'm watching you. ;)