View Full Version : How do I input info into a scroller?

rainbow5150
12-31-2003, 05:44 PM
I thought I knew how to put information within a script but I discovered I didn't. I would like to use one of the scrolling boxes to list events that will be taking place in my chat room but when I tried to enter them....the script would not work. Could someone please instruct me on how to do so.

Thank you

Mr J
12-31-2003, 07:48 PM
Can you show us your scroller code?

rainbow5150
12-31-2003, 09:20 PM
I deleted it but can probably recreate it again. I have been doing simple and I do mean simple html.....this sort of blew my mind...which doesn't take much. I will reply with the recreation.
Thank you

rainbow5150
12-31-2003, 10:23 PM
It was the Pausing up-down message scroller. This is what I did.

//configure the below variable to change the contents of the scroller var messages=new Array0
messages[0]="<font face='Arial'>< a href='In the Chat Room Daily>Mondays...Diabetic Support Group 10am</a></font>"
messages[1]="<font face='Arial'><a href='Tuesdays... Stationery Class 11am ... Bible Study7pm'</a></font>"
messages[2]="<font face='Arial'><a href='Wednesdays... Weight Loss Support Group 1pm</a></font
messages[3]="<font face='Arial'><a href='Thursdays... Stationery Class 11am ... Weight Loss Support Group 7pm</a></font>"
messages[4]="<font face='Arial'><a href='Fridays ... Bible Study 1pm</a></font>"

Mr J
01-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Sorry, but you have only shown the Array, can you post the script or a link to it?

rainbow5150
01-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Here is the link http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/index.html

It is the very first one.

Thank you

Mr J
01-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Change your array for this one, if you have any problems I will post the full script for you

messages=new Array()
messages[0]="<font face='Arial'>In the Chat Room Daily Mondays...Diabetic Support Group 10am</font>"
messages[1]="<font face='Arial'>Tuesdays... Stationery Class 11am ... Bible Study7pm</font>"
messages[2]="<font face='Arial'>Wednesdays... Weight Loss Support Group 1pm</font>"
messages[3]="<font face='Arial'>Thursdays... Stationery Class 11am ... Weight Loss Support Group 7pm</font>"
messages[4]="<font face='Arial'>Fridays ... Bible Study 1pm</font>"

If you compare the above to yours you should see where you went wrong

rainbow5150
01-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Thank you so much....It is obvious I still have a lot to learn. You have been very kind and patient.

Again Thank you!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum