View Full Version : Bottom Scroll Bar

Victory
12-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Is there any way to turn off the bottom scroll bar and still keep the right side bar? I'm trying to design a site in frames, the page fits into the frame fine, but when you shorten it some and the right scroll bar pops up, it also pops up the bottem scroll bar. It's really annoying, any way to fix that?

nolachrymose
12-26-2003, 08:00 PM
CSS:

body {
overflow-x: hidden;
}

Hope that helps!

Happy coding! :)

Victory
12-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Tried that, it didn't work.. Can you tell me exactly the code to put in so I can just copy and paste it?

Nightfire
12-26-2003, 09:49 PM
<style type="text/css">
body {
overflow-x: hidden;
}
</style>

But the best way would to make a fluid layout and not have everything fixed sizes.

Paul Jr
12-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Victory
but when you shorten it some and the right scroll bar pops up, it also pops up the bottem scroll bar.
If you are getting horizontal scrolling, that means some of your content has run past the users' viewing area, using overflow-x:hidden;, of course, might cause some of your content to become unviewable.

So, I will also, like Nightfire, suggest a fluid layout. ;)

Victory
12-26-2003, 10:24 PM
Well, I'd make it "fluid" but there is one image thats making it that much bigger.. If I shrink it down, it loses detail..

Paul Jr
12-27-2003, 01:24 AM
Mmm, that could be a problem. Or, depending on the image, if it's exactly or less than 800 pixels in width, it would be less of a problem.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum