View Full Version : Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

liorean
12-18-2003, 12:10 PM
See you around next year!
// David "liorean" Andersson

WA
12-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Is it Christmas already? I must have overslept again... :D

Kiwi
12-18-2003, 12:26 PM
There's a new year? What happened to the old one? Is it obsolete? Do I have to upgrade? Will my old files still work in the new year? How do I make sure that nothing goes wrong when I switch to the new year? Why does Microsoft have to come along and put in a new year when the old one was doing perfectly well? Where do I get the new year from? Can I upgrade from the old-year, or do I need a fresh install? Are there going to be any significant changes between the new year and the old one?*

For those of you who managed the successful migration from the old year to the new, congratulations and good luck with your brand new year.

*certain facts have been modified for dramatic effect. Kind of like real life, I guess.

jeskel
12-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Merry Christmas and happy newYear to you all!!!

kind of "general chat" but what are people going to do during this break?

I'll move to the mountains I guess for a few days... Away from the new year madness ;) My own personal migration in some ways...

Cheers

:)

justame
12-18-2003, 01:52 PM
/me just a wishes® allllll of the 'forum' members just a merrychristmas® n' happy new years tooo...:O)))

just a hugs® n' trusting santa brings yas just a everything® ya hoped for n' allllll the bestest for 2004!!!

just a whispers® to kiw...
just a rotflmao®!!!

just a whispers® to jes...aka bou...
/me is just a looking® forward to spending the christmas season with family n' friends just a creating® new n' improved memories to reflect on 'next' year...lol...

scroots
12-18-2003, 06:09 PM
merry christmas and a happy new year to all!

scroots

Roelf
12-18-2003, 06:41 PM
me too wishes everyone a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Roelf

allida77
12-18-2003, 06:41 PM
ditto

Alex Vincent
12-20-2003, 12:45 AM
Bah, humbug! Just means I get a year older four days beforehand... ;)

fredmv
12-20-2003, 01:27 AM
Thanks David, same to you. :D

Nightfire
12-21-2003, 01:33 PM
Happy xmas, now what you all got me? :D

M@rco
12-22-2003, 01:00 AM
Just wanted to wish everyone the season's greetings, since I'm heading off to Holland for xmas (I'm half Dutch).

Hope you are all filled with festive cheer, and not too much beer!

;) :D

Back in a week...

whackaxe
12-22-2003, 11:02 AM
happy chrimbo from france :)

requestcode
12-22-2003, 01:29 PM
Merry Christmas to all. Hope the new year is good to all.

Skyzyx
12-22-2003, 06:04 PM
With a name like "liorean", I was never sure if you were a guy or a girl. David is definitely a guy's name. It's funny how you can chat with some people so much across the internet and never really know anything about them. Hmmmm. Interesting.

Anyways, Merry Christmas, and happy (soon-to-be) 2004! If anybody wants to get me anything, here's my wishlist! (http://www.skyzyx.com/wishlist/) :D :p :thumbsup: :o ;) :cool:

allida77
12-22-2003, 06:44 PM
Your 2004 Lamborghini Murciélago is on the way.

ionsurge
12-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Bit early, oh well. Merry Christmas all!

bcarl314
12-22-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Kiwi
There's a new year? What happened to the old one? Is it obsolete? Do I have to upgrade? Will my old files still work in the new year? How do I make sure that nothing goes wrong when I switch to the new year? Why does Microsoft have to come along and put in a new year when the old one was doing perfectly well? Where do I get the new year from? Can I upgrade from the old-year, or do I need a fresh install? Are there going to be any significant changes between the new year and the old one?*

For those of you who managed the successful migration from the old year to the new, congratulations and good luck with your brand new year.

*certain facts have been modified for dramatic effect. Kind of like real life, I guess.

Not only that, what's the development life cycle for a year? Am I going to have to do this again next year??? :D

Skyzyx
12-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by allida77
Your 2004 Lamborghini Murciélago is on the way.

I'll be watching for it in the mail. :p

me'
12-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Never knew there was a feedback forum...
Have a great christmas, all of you. Don't work too hard/at all, and spend some good times with those people that you know you should remember the birthdays of ;)

Finally, I think I'll link to one of Ryan's more important blog posts (http://www.skyzyx.com/archives/000130.php).

cg9com
12-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Reading this thread has definatly made me laugh.

Merry christmas ya goofballs, only one one more day to go .......

justame
12-25-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by cg9com
only one one more day to go .......

/me just a whispers® to cg9...
more just a like® onnne more 'sleep'...hehehe

jeskel
12-25-2003, 11:39 AM
I will offer something to the first one posting here the first january :p :D

hey... It's the first christmas post :)

WA
12-25-2003, 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks to all of you for participating and sharing your knowledge on CF.

me'
12-25-2003, 08:29 PM
Woo! It's Christmas!
what the hell am I doing spending it in front of a computer

link92
12-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
The above text ©2003 link92

justame
12-26-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by me'
what the hell am I doing spending it in front of a computer

me'...
just a rotflmao®...n' tries to hide her just a ddiction® to the forums by posting thattt sheee didnt just a post® til 10:16pm...aka didnt turn the comp on evvven...hehehe...

lin...
"quote...The above text ©2003 link92...endquote"
just a rotflmao® just a gain® hehehe...

Roelf
12-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by jeskel
I will offer something to the first one posting here the first january :p :D
which timezone?
i can post something 31 december a few hours before midnight, but then it is 1 januari already in india for example. if someone in the west-US posts something the exact moment it becomes 1 januari, he is already too late, because in europe we are already sleeping the champagne out of our system and it is almost 2 januari (ok,ok thats a bit over the top).

i think this global contest is hard to judge, but i wish you lots of success with it :D

these timezone issues always make me think: what if i lived next to a timezone-border, do i have to adjust my watch every time i go over this border? Does such a border cross through cities or does it go around them. Anyone lives (or knows anyone who lives) nearby such a border?

me'
12-26-2003, 01:25 PM
these timezone issues always make me think: what if i lived next to a timezone-border, do i have to adjust my watch every time i go over this border? Does such a border cross through cities or does it go around them. Anyone lives (or knows anyone who lives) nearby such a border?GMT (greenwich mean time), the times these forums are based on, is generally regarded to start at 0 degrees lontitude. That means the timezone goes right through London (right through Greenwich in face). But most people, east or west of Greenwich, use normal GMT for convenience.

By the way, Greenwich is pronounced 'Gren-itch'.

jeskel
12-26-2003, 02:20 PM
Roelf: oooops... Now I really have to do it ;). The contest is obviously based on the CF time. AH AH! you gonna have to make some time comparisons if you wanna get it! :D

I was wondering... Who on this board (reading this thread) will think about the past year and make good resolutions for the year to come? I usually do that... I know some people are gonna tell me that I could (should) do that at any moment of the year but I think that this whole new year thing is a good time for a little introspection like this one...

Mhtml
12-27-2003, 12:46 AM
Do we have to post here? :) .. I'll beat all of ya, just set my alarm for GMT and I'll sit in front of the computer like always and wait. :p

[edit:] I say I'll make resolutions but I hardly ever do it. This coming year's is to ace my school year and get early entry to university.

me'
12-27-2003, 10:47 AM
We're talking about resolutions? I've said mine (http://www.9rules.com/whitespace/our_thoughts/goals_for_2004.php#comments) before.

jeskel
12-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by me'
We're talking about resolutions? I've said mine (http://www.9rules.com/whitespace/our_thoughts/goals_for_2004.php#comments) before.
hey me'... post first on 1st january and you'll get your domain name earlier than March 19. :D

me'
12-27-2003, 02:52 PM
...March 19Woah... someone read my profile! :eek:

I think I'll be other places rather in front of my computer New Year's Day... I do have some remnants of a life left ;)

Roelf
12-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by jeskel
Who on this board (reading this thread) will think about the past year and make good resolutions for the year to come?

my old resolution was fine for me, no money for a new graphics card to support new resolutions

Kiwi
12-27-2003, 09:54 PM
I resolve never to make resolutions.

Mhtml
01-01-2004, 02:28 AM
I expected this thread to be filled with new years posts :confused: ... 2004 rolled around nealy 3/4 of a day ago for me :p.

Nightfire
01-01-2004, 02:36 AM
I just got home.... Happy new year everyone!!!!! My new year started off with a huge fight iin the pub, hopefully everyone else will have a peacefull night!!!!

Mhtml
01-01-2004, 03:32 AM
lol! :)

Nigthfire: "Hey you let's fight!"
Drunken Oaf: "Them's fightin' words!"

Skyzyx
01-01-2004, 06:41 AM
For me, it's 10:45pm on New Year's Eve. Of course, I'm on the West Coast USA, so I think only Alaskans and Hawaiians will be celebrating after me... :D

link92
01-01-2004, 11:29 AM
Happy New Year 2004, Should of posted at midnight because I was up but there again I was watching T.V.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum