View Full Version : Navigation script

Stressed
11-29-2003, 12:26 AM
I have just started learning php and I would like to include the navigation bar that is being used at this site:

http://www.uknl.net/mg/main.php

I have looked at the nav. bars at Dynamic Drive and I haven't found one that doesn't run off the right side of the page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Nightfire
11-29-2003, 12:45 AM
I dunno what this has to do with php?

Stressed
11-29-2003, 01:41 AM
Sorry, after numerous hours of trying to get code to work from another listing I found in this forum I was looking for a simpler way of doing a navigation bar. This is the code that I was trying to use but could not make it work:

<doctype...>

<html>

<head>

<meta...>

<link stylesheet...>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<table>

<tr>

<td rowspan="2"><? include('leftNav.php'); ?></td>

<td><? include('topNav.php'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

Page content

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</body>

</html>
All I want to do is create a web site that has the same nav bar on the left and the same logo on the top without using frames. I was told that php was the best way to go. Every time I placed this code:
<? include('leftNav.php'); ?>
within a table on the left where my nav bar goes my html table code caused problems.

Nightfire
11-29-2003, 01:50 AM
If your code wasn't working then it's nothing to do with php still, it's html or javascript related. Check your source code for errors. It'll only be a missing/extra tag somewhere or a setting wrong or something.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum