PDA

View Full Version : Perl Programs, ON COMPUTER?

ACJavascript
07-29-2002, 10:14 PM
HELLO EVERYONE,
This might sound stupid, but hay i got to try hehehe :D.

Is there a program that will allow me to test cgi scripts(writtin in perl) on my computer without haveing to be on the net?

I'm sure there isn't but i would be stupid not to atleast ask, right:)?

THanks in advance :D:D:D:D

Spookster
07-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Yes all you need is the Perl engine and a web server. See previous thread on this:

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2915

sir pannels
07-30-2002, 12:25 PM
Spookster me thinks he mines perl in apps and not via the browser... i know you can do this on macs.. im not sure bout anything else.. i looked about for something like this a while ago like a perl visual studio but only found mac stuff...
good luck.
sir p

Spookster
07-30-2002, 02:17 PM
I read it as he wants to test his CGI scripts without having to be connected to the Internet. CGI means they will be run through a web server. To do so without being connected to the Internet would require that you run a web server locally.

You can run perl scripts from the command line so long as they don't do really anything more than print something to the screen.

ACJavascript
07-30-2002, 04:38 PM
Thankxxx for the help, yea i was lookin for a program like J Builder or Microsoft C++ Builder, somthing that would allow me to run and work scripts on my comp, thankxxx for the help. Peace :D:D:D

helpneeded
08-11-2002, 05:27 AM
There is a program that is free called Winperl. I don't remember where I got it but I just searched Google. It runs the program in Windows. It isn't perfect but it finds syntax errors. Check it out and see what you think.
:thumbsup:

ACJavascript
08-11-2002, 03:41 PM
HEY THANKS ALOT!!!!!!!!
that will be of great use!

Thanxxxxx :D:D:D

Mouldy_Goat
08-11-2002, 09:45 PM
ActivePerl is a pretty good Windows port of Perl, try taking a look at www.activeperl.com if you want to try it.

I think Larry Wall works for ActiveState - so you'd assume that their interpreter would be pretty solid...

ACJavascript
08-12-2002, 03:54 PM
Thanks, but i couldn't find but it seemed they wanted money for there products. So if i totaly missed the free section then my bad hehe:D:D:D but it there is can you provide the link to that page. Many Thanks :D:D:D:D:D

Mouldy_Goat
08-13-2002, 02:01 AM
Hehe, the download is completely free, if you go the main page, on the right hand column there's a section entitled 'Downloads' with ActivePerl at the top of the list, and a link which leads here (http://www.activeperl.com/Products/Download/Register.plex?id=ActivePerl). You don't even have to provide any information to download it.

ACJavascript
08-13-2002, 03:13 PM
MAN, i totaly missed that hahahahaha:D:D
my bad thatks a bunchs. :thumbsup: