order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>

It works fine with the errordocs, even from subdirs. However, I found a problem that I cannot solve, even after looking through this forum and gigabytes of reference manuals...
When I try to access a directory like 'www.mydomain.com/mydir' it works fine but when I use 'mydir.mydomain.com' I get a server error Not Found or Forbidden depending if mydir exists or not and then 'Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.'

After testing a lot of configurations I have narrowed the problem down to this (I think): If I use mydir.mydomain.com, it will look for the errorpage at mydir/error/404.asp.

One solution would be to use absolute paths, ie. http://www.mydomain.com/error/404.asp but I don't like that option since it would replace the address in the browser's address bar.

Any suggestions how to fix this or maybe how to make a check to see if there is a directory name at the beginning of the entered URL?

Thanks in advance

KayJayDK
11-21-2003, 02:48 PM
The 'mydir' part of the 'mydir.mydomain.com' which translates to 'www.mydomain.com/mydir', is that what is meant by a virtual directory? Or is it called something else?

A1ien51
11-21-2003, 04:01 PM
the server sees the blah.thepage.com and thepage.com as two totally different sites. You are going to have to hard code them in to the best of my knowledge.

KayJayDK
11-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Yeah, that was what I was afraid of. Using absolute paths works fine, as I mentioned, but I was hoping somehow to be able to make it look for the error pages in the root without the dir name...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum