View Full Version : Submitting Multiple Forms with one submit button

robocop
11-19-2003, 02:52 AM
hey there to you all!

Im working with classic asp on a project that is basically a down-scaled content management system....

im using ASPJPEG and ASPUPLOAD to handle my image upload/resize....but im also using a rich text editor on one of my fields ( http://www.kevinroth.com/rte/demo.htm ) -- (ala' hotmail)

heres my problem:

I have 3 fields on my page in one form....a "Headline" text field, a Browse For File box for the JPEG to be uploaded....and a "Body" text area with the Rich Text plug in on it

ASPUPLOAD/JPEG require that the form be set to "multipart/form-data" in order to recieive the binary data of the JPEG....but for some reason, request.form method wont work when the form is set to "multipart/form-data"......is it possible to like have 2 forms and have ONE box submit them? or is all sent collectively as ONE forms collection?

anyone out there run into this ?

thanks a million yall!

kasey
:D

glenngv
11-19-2003, 03:40 AM
Check the ASPUPLOAD documentation. It should have its own Form collection just like Request.Form. Maybe it's aspUploadObject.Form("fieldName"). You can't really use Request.Form when enctype is multipart.

robocop
11-19-2003, 04:06 AM
Awesome...ill check into it...

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum