View Full Version : HELP.... Drupal

03-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Hey , Im hoping someone can shed some light for me , i have recently had a company build me a website but now i want some changes and dont want to use the same company as they have let me down on numerous things

The website has been built in Drupal and my friend who is going to do the changes has not worked in drupal before but he says he needs the ftp to access the website

I have spoken to the company who say that drupal does not have an ftp and we can make all the changes in the control panel we paid for my mate says this is rubbish

any advice please....?

03-13-2013, 12:38 AM
Most web software doesn't included FTP capabilities, except for potentially reading from a remote server via FTP.

What you want is your server FTP details. This (or using ssh) would be required for any file modifications to the scripts. Control panels in your software are only useful for software configurations, not for code changes (and heaven forbid writing an online editor O.o).
Unless the software's purpose is to provide a web based control panel for the entire site, than chances are you are needing to provide the server level ftp access.

03-13-2013, 10:38 PM
hi thank you so if i ask for the server FTP details then they should forward them what should i say if they say they dont have have them on drupal as they did before do all servers have ftp access

sorry for sounding stupid but i have no idea on computing and my business is internet based

thanks in advance