View Full Version : Making A Menu Item Drop Down

TeeJay2012
01-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Hey Guys,

I know enough to that the code below needs to be changed in addition to the css file but I have tried and the additional menu items I add to the code below
show on the website scrambled. Can anyone help me out a little. Thanks!!!:D

<div id="slidetabsmenu">
<ul>
<li {if $mainmenu eq "b"}id="current"{/if}><a href="http://blog.boitube.com"><span>{$lang5|upper}</span></a></li>
<li {if $mainmenu eq "7"}id="current"{/if}><a href="{$baseurl}/community"><span>{$lang4|upper}</span></a></li>
<li {if $mainmenu eq "5"}id="current"{/if}><a href="http://spankpages.com/links/"><span>Links</span></a></li>
<li {if $mainmenu eq "6"}id="current"{/if}><a href="{$baseurl}/albums"><span>{$lang3|upper}</span></a></li>
<li {if $mainmenu eq "c"}id="current"{/if}><a href="{$baseurl}/categories"><span>{$lang2|upper}</span></a></li>
<li {if $mainmenu eq "" OR $mainmenu eq "0"}id="current"{/if}><a href="{$baseurl}/"><span>{$lang0|upper}</span></a></li>
</ul>
</div>

Excavator
01-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Hello TeeJay2012,
I'm not familiar with your $mainmenu/$lang stuff, which seems invalid no matter what DocType I try, but I do have a simple example of how a CSS drop down menu works here (http://nopeople.com/CSS%20tips/CSS_dropDownMenu-noImages/index.html). Maybe that will help you.

TeeJay2012
01-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks for your reply and thanks for the link it did help me a lot. I'd like to explain a little further and maybe your input can put me on the right track.

If you never mind the "$mainmenu/$lang" crap everything else works the same.

This is what I've done with the html coding so far:

<div id="slidetabsmenu">
<ul>

<li {if $mainmenu eq "7"}id="current"{/if}><a href="{$baseurl}/community"><span>{$lang4|upper}</span></a>

<ul>

<li {if $mainmenu eq "7"}id="current"{/if}><a href="{$baseurl}/community1"><span>{$lang4|upper}</span></a>
<li {if $mainmenu eq "7"}id="current"{/if}><a href="{$baseurl}/community2"><span>{$lang4|upper}</span></a>
</ul>

</li>

<li {if $mainmenu eq "6"}id="current"{/if}><a href="{$baseurl}/albums"><span>{$lang3|upper}</span></a></li>
<li {if $mainmenu eq "c"}id="current"{/if}><a href="{$baseurl}/categories"><span>{$lang2|upper}</span></a></li>
<li {if $mainmenu eq "" OR $mainmenu eq "0"}id="current"{/if}><a href="{$baseurl}/"><span>{$lang0|upper}</span></a></li>
</ul>
</div>

* The additional links show up but I guess they need to be styled in css.
Here is the css files below. How can I get the links to align properly, hide and drop down when I hover over a menu item?

Here is the css info:

#slidetabsmenu {
float:right;
width:100%;
font-size:14px;
height: 30px;
line-height:normal;
margin: 8px 0 0 0;
}
#slidetabsmenu ul{
list-style-type: none;
margin:0;