View Full Version : different display on 2 computers

scratchinghead
01-13-2013, 09:52 AM
hi i have had a lot of problems with my site basically when i preview my site everything is ok but when i upload it is not displaying correctly in ie i found out my computer ie displaying in ie7 document mode however my wifes computer displays it correctly we both have ie 9 i tried it at work we have 2 computers one displays fine and the other not displaying correctly so what i did i copied the website and uploaded to another web address i have and on this address my computer displays in ie8 and displays correctly my site is at ukvanparts.com the exact same site i copied and uploaded is at jjezzyb.co.uk

the reason i tried another address is this is where i originally built my site the 2 sites are with different hosting services
anybody know why my computer displays in ie7 mode on one site and ie 8 in another?
everything is fine in firefox and chrome
thankyou to anybody who can shed light on this

tracknut
01-13-2013, 03:20 PM
I have IE9, and both sites displayed in IE9 Standards mode for me. They look identical except for the image of the van (img/delivery.png), which is a corrupt file on the jjezzyb site.

Dave

scratchinghead
01-13-2013, 04:17 PM
hi thanks, must be a problem with my computer not displaying propely thanks jez

scratchinghead
01-14-2013, 07:47 AM
i clicked on compatability view and now its shows fine
Anybody know why it showed in document view?

ZenReputation
01-14-2013, 12:16 PM
let me check..give your website

hdewantara
01-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Maybe just a couple of missing tags...
You might like to try validate ukvanparts.com to w3c markup validator, as seen here:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ukvanparts.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

scratchinghead
01-15-2013, 07:53 AM
yes thankyou i will alter it

tinaliy
01-15-2013, 09:07 AM
Hi.Thanks for your post.I'm not clear about that.Sorry.Hope other one can help you.

jack0
01-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Hey I think in this case your computer has some sort of problem .. first check your computer than you should discuss about it..

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum