View Full Version : Menu Problems in Internet Explorer 7

starmin
01-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi!

I've been working on a new site and in testing everything seems okay in various browsers, except for Internet Explorer 7 where I've encountered problems I can't figure out. The site can be seen at http://bit.ly/10ZD99T
The problems are these:
1) The Dropdown navigation menu is inaccessible from many options! I can't understand what's going on, but trying to click on anything beyond the first option it's like playing an impossible game of Pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey. I tried extending padding but that made it look awful and didn't help.
2) The Dropdown menu goes behind page content on any pages where content is near the top. I tried using z-index to force the Dropdown on top but it did nothing.
3) I'm using a Fontface kit for the Navbar fonts, but it's completely ignored. I thought IE7 could handle Fontface?

Any Help would be much appreciated (General comments or advice also welcome).

Thanks.

starmin
01-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Please can someone have a look?

Nerevarine
01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
IE is awful, most of the time it's several steps behind other browsers. I would suggest creating a completely separate section of code specifically for IE. Doing so would ensure that it would load properly without compromising your code for other browsers.

backa
01-11-2013, 07:51 AM
can maybe reduce header width to change the menu from being so long.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum