View Full Version : Possible to remove inset border on iFrames??

charlyanderson
01-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Only seems to be a problem in IE8 and below but it looks like an inset border has been applied to both my facebook plugin and another iframe for my contact form. Could someone advise me of a solution to remove this?

CSS is:-

#fblike{float:right; width:100px;}
.fbstyle{border:none; border-style:none; overflow:hidden; width:100px; height:21px;}

HTML is:-

<div id="fblike">
<iframe style="scrolling=no allowTransparency=true" class="fbstyle" src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FCharlyAndersonFreelanceWebDesigner&amp;send=false&amp;layout=b utton_count&amp;width=100&amp;show_faces=false&amp;font=tahoma&amp;colorscheme=light&amp;action=like&amp;height=21" ></iframe>
</div>

AndrewGSW
01-04-2013, 01:20 AM
Your style attribute is incorrect within the iframe: scrolling and allowTransparency are attributes of an iframe.

<iframe src="myURL" width="300" height="300" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

You can then tweak it a little with css.

charlyanderson
01-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Can anyone show me how to tweak it as Im not sure how to

AndrewGSW
01-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Can anyone show me how to tweak it as Im not sure how to

What do you want to tweak? It would help a lot if you could provide a link to the live page. Even a screenshot might give us a clue.

charlyanderson
01-05-2013, 02:34 PM
hi, thanks for your reply. My facebook plugin which is in an iFrame has a border, it looks like a bevel border and I dont know how to remove it

AndrewGSW
01-05-2013, 03:30 PM
hi, thanks for your reply. My facebook plugin which is in an iFrame has a border, it looks like a bevel border and I dont know how to remove it

Without more code or a link to a page....

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum