View Full Version : What are the best methods to ensuring your website displays correctly on mobiles/tabs

charlyanderson
12-31-2012, 07:26 PM
I have designed a website which is validated correctly but display incorrectly on my tab and mobile which use chrome.

Are there methods to solving issues with mobiles?

webdevs
01-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Ok, You needs to check the div structures and CSS first compitible with world major browsers. Once it work with browser ok, then check with mobile browser.

tracknut
01-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Media queries, to scale your site down for smaller devices, is a good way to handle it. There's no one perfect solution for mobile, but I'm pretty pleased with mq.

Dave

janvermeer
01-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Media queries, to scale your site down for smaller devices, is a good way to handle it. There's no one perfect solution for mobile, but I'm pretty pleased with mq.

Dave

yup, media is the best option :)

charlyanderson
01-03-2013, 08:47 PM
I am familiar with media queries as I have used them previously, my problem is I never know how to actually test them to make sure it all works

tracknut
01-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Set the meta tag for the viewport size in your header:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">

Then just use your regular browser and size it up and down to simulate your various sizes for mobile devices. That will get you a long way, without even looking at the site on a mobile. But since you say you have a tablet and a mobile, you could also test on them periodically.

Dave

webdevs
01-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Can you please show me you website so, i can let you know what things you will needs to fix for the mobile and web browsers

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum