View Full Version : Mono to Stereo conversion

chartwise
12-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know of any open source (freeware) software to convert Mono mp3 and wma file to TRUE Stereo?

I have tried Audacity and when I try all I seem to get is 2 channel Mono.
Is there a way of using Audacity to convert Mono to true stereo?

All help much appreciated

felgall
12-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Where are you expecting to get the rest of the information to convert the mono into stereo.

When Stereo is converted to mono a part of the information is DELETED and can therefore NOT be put back.

To get true stereo you'd need a source that contains at least that much data - which mono does not.

chartwise
12-09-2012, 11:34 AM
I believe this youTube track was remixed from a mono single http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJsvcyfESd8

When I contacted the person who did this, this was the reply:

Re:Mono to Stereo convertion

"I use Adobe Audition.

Unfortunately it is a long learning curve, also not all records can be converted. My stereo Globetrotter was made a long time ago with a lot of cutting and pasting. I literally take the song apart & put it together as two tracks."

Also Adobe Audition is expensive, and I haven't got a clue how to use it.

Anyone any other ideas please, and also how to get the spacial effect so that they don't sound flat?

Robenhud
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Sometimes you’ll want to apply stereo processing to a mono audio file. In order to do that you have to convert the audio file from mono to stereo first.

chartwise
12-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Sometimes you’ll want to apply stereo processing to a mono audio file. In order to do that you have to convert the audio file from mono to stereo first.

After conversion from Mono to Stereo which I can already do with Audacity, could you please tell me how would I apply STEREO PROCESSING.

NickJohnson
12-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Try this :-

To convert mono to stereo sound files, open up the Nero program, go to the "Extras" menu, choose "Encode Files" and then click on the "Add" button to open up a file. Make a mono sound file into a stereo sound file with information from a work flow manager of a software development company in this free video on computers.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum