View Full Version : Flash: Alpha Tweening
11-01-2003, 09:29 PM
Flash is really ticking me off right now. Something this simple should NOT be this difficult.
Anyway... All I want to do is fade my freakin' rectangle (converted to movie clip [also tried graphic symbol]) from 1% opaque to 99% (or 0 1o 100%, whatever works)
What I do is this:
- Make rectangle.
- Convert to symbol
- Insert keyframe on end
- Create motion tween
- Adjust alpha on frame 1
- Adjust alpha on frame 2
- Cry because it doesn't work
Thanks a million for any help.
11-02-2003, 11:35 AM
You need to create a keyframe (F6 if I recall correctly) which is at least 5 frames imo away from the start stage, e.g. if you were at fram 75, you'd create the end keyframe at 80. All you need to do is make sure that you have space between the tween start and end points.
11-02-2003, 01:18 PM
I've done that.
I can get the tween to "show up" as purple and whatnot with the arrow, but when I change alpha on each "end" of the tween, it doesn't change... If I set alpha to 100% on frame 1, and 1% on frame 50 (last keyframe), frame 1 will now be 1% too.
Using MX, by the way.
11-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Figured it out.
How to do it:
- Create your shape (mines a rectangle...) and DON'T CONVERT IT.
- Make a keyframe (at least 5 frames away from the shape's first instance, apparently)
- Click anywhere in the middle, and set the tween mode to "shape" (not motion...)
- Change the alpha on the FILL property of each end (Flash has the stroke selected by default, and I didn't notice this until this morning...) and play the animation. It'll fade from the first alpha to the other.
11-03-2003, 05:20 PM
This is watu should do!
1. Create or draw u'r rectangle
2. Select it, press F8, then select it as graphic and name the file as something
3. Insert your new KEYFRAME at any distance.
4. Then you shuold able to see u'r Rectangle in u'r 1st frame and in your new Keyframe.
5.Now, select u'r rectangle in u'r first frame, rigth click on it, do u'r alpha thing...
6. Again, select u'r other rectangle in u'r distant frame [keyframe], right click , apply some Alpha thing.
7. Now click on your first frame in the movie, right click, apply the motion tween. Now your animation must be working.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.