View Full Version : Re: Loading a new window

11-01-2003, 03:41 AM
Hi all...
I want to have this browser window that when it loads, it loads with certain properties. i.e no address bar, no scrollbars....etc. I was given the code below, but it doesnt fit the bill.
script language=javascript>
var windowTop=0;
var windowLeft=0;
var windowHeight=500;
var windowWidth=500;
function Resize()
window.moveTo(windowLeft, windowTop);
window.resizeTo(windowWidth, windowHeight);
Any suggestions??

11-01-2003, 03:47 AM
If you are talking about your first window...the main one...you can not remove the toolbars and stuff. If it is a pop up window you can.

11-01-2003, 12:32 PM
You may try using FLASH... I remember I saw that kinnda stuff somewere made entirely in Flash... but it ennoyed me enough not to remember where or try to see how was that done :D

You may do that if you open your page as a popup of an initial page than make your initial page self close... By why, on earth, do you need such a stuff?

11-01-2003, 07:56 PM
cuz im writing a database application on a local machine in ASP code, and I want the browswe window to look and feel like a VB Application.

11-04-2003, 02:56 PM
If you want to develop a VB application, go ahead. If you want to develop a web application, you'll have to understand that it's a completely different mindset from a fat-client, local-install, native-state, single-system sense of development.

The web is for everybody. Several browsers can block popups, window resizing, and window movement. Maybe you've heard of some of them?