View Full Version : Re: Loading a new window

cptn_future
11-01-2003, 02:41 AM
Hi all...
I want to have this browser window that when it loads, it loads with certain properties. i.e no address bar, no scrollbars....etc. I was given the code below, but it doesnt fit the bill.
-----------------------------------------------------------
script language=javascript>
window.onload=Resize;
var windowTop=0;
var windowLeft=0;
var windowHeight=500;
var windowWidth=500;
function Resize()
{
window.moveTo(windowLeft, windowTop);
window.resizeTo(windowWidth, windowHeight);
window.focus();
}
</script>
-----------------------------------------------------------
Any suggestions??

Thanx

A1ien51
11-01-2003, 02:47 AM
If you are talking about your first window...the main one...you can not remove the toolbars and stuff. If it is a pop up window you can.

Kor
11-01-2003, 11:32 AM
You may try using FLASH... I remember I saw that kinnda stuff somewere made entirely in Flash... but it ennoyed me enough not to remember where or try to see how was that done :D

You may do that if you open your page as a popup of an initial page than make your initial page self close... By why, on earth, do you need such a stuff?

cptn_future
11-01-2003, 06:56 PM
cuz im writing a database application on a local machine in ASP code, and I want the browswe window to look and feel like a VB Application.

Choopernickel
11-04-2003, 01:56 PM
If you want to develop a VB application, go ahead. If you want to develop a web application, you'll have to understand that it's a completely different mindset from a fat-client, local-install, native-state, single-system sense of development.

The web is for everybody. Several browsers can block popups, window resizing, and window movement. Maybe you've heard of some of them?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum