View Full Version : New Host Needed Immediately

11-30-2012, 07:24 PM
We need a new web host asap! I have till Jan 1 to get this new website up and running, however it was initially hosted with yahoo small business hosting which has been nothing but trouble. I've checked a few web hosts but have problems with them using newest versions of cpanel (ie: editor only shows single line form elements.) I need a host who will actually give support when needed, uses an earlier version of cpanel, ulimited everything and allows the use of .htaccess files etc..

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

11-30-2012, 08:06 PM
I think you have it backwards; you want to choose a hosting company that keeps things updated, not one that lags way behind. I can't empathize with the issue you have with cpanel's editor because I use Notepad++.

So with that said, I vote you use Hostmonster, it's awesome.

12-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Webs hosting may be a good place to start, if you haven't checked that out. As a user, I found out that they offer different types of sites and fully-customizable site templates, including a couple different packages. Although the custom advanced editing is not great, you can use a software editor like Dreamweaver of HTML-Kit.

Webs also has a community technical support site to address your concerns or needs. I don't know about the other hosts, like GoDaddy or Hostmonster though.