View Full Version : New Host Needed Immediately

c1lonewolf
11-30-2012, 07:24 PM
We need a new web host asap! I have till Jan 1 to get this new website up and running, however it was initially hosted with yahoo small business hosting which has been nothing but trouble. I've checked a few web hosts but have problems with them using newest versions of cpanel (ie: editor only shows single line form elements.) I need a host who will actually give support when needed, uses an earlier version of cpanel, ulimited everything and allows the use of .htaccess files etc..

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Fumigator
11-30-2012, 08:06 PM
I think you have it backwards; you want to choose a hosting company that keeps things updated, not one that lags way behind. I can't empathize with the issue you have with cpanel's editor because I use Notepad++.

So with that said, I vote you use Hostmonster, it's awesome.

Taro
12-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Webs hosting may be a good place to start, if you haven't checked that out. As a user, I found out that they offer different types of sites and fully-customizable site templates, including a couple different packages. Although the custom advanced editing is not great, you can use a software editor like Dreamweaver of HTML-Kit.

Webs also has a community technical support site to address your concerns or needs. I don't know about the other hosts, like GoDaddy or Hostmonster though.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum