View Full Version : Jquery is disabling css drop-down menu in safari

Alex Bennett
11-30-2012, 12:45 PM

I have new website in it's early stages which features a purely css drop down menu.

There is also a page which features a gallery which uses the latest jquery script.

When navigating through the site, the drop-down menu works fine, especially in IE. However, when I click on the page with the gallery in Safari on a Mac, and then navigating away from this, all the drop-downs on the menu stop working.

By deleting the link to the Jquery script on the gallery page, this stops happening - but obviously the gallery then doesn't work.

I know little about Jquery, and how it can affect CSS, but I'm thinking this requires a change to the CSS, rather than the JQuery?

The website is located here:

The gallery page here:

The CSS for the menu is here:

Any help with this would be MUCH appreciated - thanks, Alex :)

11-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Hello Alex Bennett,
I didn't read through the code for Royal Slider but could it be it doesn't like how you've improperly closed your anchors?

Try validating and see what happens.

Alex Bennett
12-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Thank - you're right, there were a lot of errors, including a bizarre use of alt attributes in a tags. Will correct all these tomorrow and let you know how I get on - thanks again for the tip...! :thumbsup:

Alex Bennett
12-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Unfortunately, the site's still having the same issue. Like a said, it only seems to be happening in Safari, and whenever switching from the page with the gallery, to the homepage with the slideshow, and then the drop-down on the css menu gets disabled.

I've validated all pages now, the only errors are the javascript specific attributes created by a script on the homepage.

If anyone knows what might be causing this, I would really appreciate it!