View Full Version : file browser

mwerner
10-31-2003, 02:46 PM
Hi,
I am after some sort of script that will allow users to select a direcory and view/open contents of from a web page. Now I am aware there are various security issues associated with this but, as this is to be used on an internal company intranet this is not a problem.
Basically I have some directories containing various reports in pdf format that I want staff around the business to have access to from the intranet. It needs to be dynamic, ie. when I add a new report to one of the directories I dont want to have to update the webpage with a link to the new pdf doc.

I would've thought that this can be done but, have not managed to find any such script that can do this.

Cheers
Mo:confused:

fivesidecube
11-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Isn't there a web server switch that will allow directory browsing? I know on the earlier versions of IIS, there was a switch and v2.0 on apache also lists the contents of directories.

Roy Sinclair
11-04-2003, 09:51 PM
Current versions of IIS still have that switch. If you're using IIS you can also write a simple ASP page to display all the files (or a selection of the files) in a directory nicely wrapped in a web page that matches the rest of your site.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum