View Full Version : I can't get window.open to get rid of address bar.

GIDMEISTER
11-27-2012, 09:42 PM
I have the following code:
var strAttribs = 'location=0,width=500,height=500,fullscreen=0,toolbar=0,status=0,menubar=0,titlebar=0,scrollbars=1,c opyhistory=0,resizable=0';

var mywin = window.open("vidseg.aspx?helpstr=" + sPage, 'HelpWindow', strAttribs);
mywin.moveTo(60, 60);
The window does open, but it has an address bar, with a url shown in it. I thought "location=0" would get rid of that, but it did not.
Any help is appreciated.

Philip M
11-27-2012, 09:59 PM
I have the following code:
var strAttribs = 'location=0,width=500,height=500,fullscreen=0,toolbar=0,status=0,menubar=0,titlebar=0,scrollbars=1,c opyhistory=0,resizable=0';

var mywin = window.open("vidseg.aspx?helpstr=" + sPage, 'HelpWindow', strAttribs);
mywin.moveTo(60, 60);
The window does open, but it has an address bar, with a url shown in it. I thought "location=0" would get rid of that, but it did not.
Any help is appreciated.

That is a security measure. You cannot suppress the address bar.

All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.

felgall
11-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Those browsers that will allow you to get rid of the address bar so that a new address cannot be entered will generally display the current page address somewhere else in the new window instead.

rnd me
11-28-2012, 06:59 PM
for reduced chrome, you can use showModalDialog() instead, but even that usually has a url bar for security reasons.

using a modal dialog package instead often provides a better user experience due to popup performance and blockers and by simply staying on the same tab through the site visit lifetime.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum